At the EPFL Extension School our mission is simple: we teach people hands-on skills to let them benefit from the opportunities of the digital age. With an increasing shift to a more digitally focused workplace, our mission is more critical than ever. As such we are looking for a Business Development Manager who can successfully lay the groundwork for an ambitious B2B growth strategy in 2021 and beyond.
About the role:
As Business Development Manager, you will primarily focus on outreach, prospecting, and lead qualification. You will connect and learn about the prospects businesses and needs. If a prospect is a good fit, you’ll work in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders at the EPFL Extension School to define and execute on the next steps (definition of scope of offer, identification of needs requirements, understanding of sales/purchase process, shaping of commercial offer and deal closing).
• Research accounts and identify high potential targets
• Map the target companies’ ecosystem by identifying the key decision-makers, influencers and other relevant stakeholders
• Use calls, e-mails, social media outreach and networking events to initiate contact with the leads you have identified
• Build up a successful sales flow which triggers interest from these leads
• Listen and learn about the prospects' needs and challenges
• Start to educate prospects about our courses and programs, the mission of EPFL Extension School and our commitment to lifelong learning
• Qualify leads by determining whether the prospect is a good fit for our offer and contribute to moving them through our sales pipeline and funnel
• Schedule the introductory call/meeting and perform a thorough needs assessment
• Ensure a smooth internal handover so that the process of defining the offer, closing the deal and onboarding new accounts is as frictionless and efficient as possible
• Meticulously track all relevant information related to leads and the sales pipeline in our CRM (Zoho)
You will report to and work closely with the Commercial Operations Lead. Your success will be measured on Key Performance Indicators, including the number of new accounts, number of new leads identified, number of calls made, number of meetings secured, conversion rate of calls to meetings, and of meetings to deals.
If you answered yes to all 3, then this role is for you!
What our team loves about working here: